Ronald R. Donatucci
In his capacity as counsel to the firm, Mr. Donatucci provides special advice and counsel regarding estate planning and administration, administrative procedure, government relations, and real estate transactions, including zoning and land use planning.
Mr. Donatucci has dedicated most of his career to public service in various capacities. After serving as a law clerk in the Philadelphia City Solicitor’s Office, Mr. Donatucci served as Chief of Enforcement for the Department of Licenses and Inspections for the City of Philadelphia and then as counsel to the Philadelphia Parking Authority. Following these appointive offices, Mr. Donatucci was elected and served with distinction as a Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 185th District. Since 1979, he has served as Philadelphia’s Register of Wills, which includes sole jurisdiction over the probate of wills and acting as agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the collection of inheritance tax. He is the ex-officio Clerk of the Orphans’ Court. Mr. Donatucci is a Ward Leader for the Philadelphia Democratic Executive committee. He was a Super-Delegate in 2008 at the Democratic National Convention representing the State of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Donatucci is the President of the Board of City Trusts, a body which administers millions of dollars held in trust by the City of Philadelphia. He is Chairman of the Board of Wills Eye Hospital Health System, a Trustee of Temple University and a Board Member of the Temple University Health System. He is also a Board Member of the Fox Chase Cancer Center. Throughout his career, he has been an active participant in numerous civic organizations and has received countless awards in recognition of his civic activities.
Mr. Donatucci is peer reviewed, AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
- Land Use and Zoning
- University of Baltimore School of Law, 1974, J.D.
- Temple University, 1970, B.A.
- Pennsylvania, 1974
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1974
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- President of the Board of City Trusts
- Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphans’ Court, Philadelphia County
- Chairman of the Board of Wills Eye Hospital Health System
- Trustee of Temple University
- Board Member of the Temple University Health System
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Board Member
- The American Oncologic Hospital & Affiliates Board Member
- Democratic National and State Committee Member
- Philadelphia Democratic Executive Committee Ward Leader
- Programs for Exceptional People Board Member
- Justinian Society
- St. Rita of Cascia Foundation Board Member
- Hero Thrill Show, Inc. Director
- Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia Advancement Committee Board Member
- Temple University of the University of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education Trustee
- Emeritus Member for Central High School Board of Managers
- Chapel of Four Chaplains Trustee
- The Potter’s House Mission Honorary Member
- Abramson Cancer Center Leadership Council
- The National Shrine of St. John Neumann
Awards and Honors
- NIA-PAC 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award in Public Service
- Arthritis Foundation – Eastern PA Chapter Community Leader of the Year
- Regional Sicilian Association Man of the Year
- Order Sons of Italy in America, Greater Roxborough Lodge Man of the Year
- Order Sons of Italy in America, Frank L. Rizzo Lodge Man of the Year
- Unico Greater Philadelphia Chapter Man of the Year
- Philadelphia Veterans of Foreign Wars Man of the Year
- Catholic War Veterans Philadelphia Chapter Man of the Year
- Jewish War Veterans – Drizen/Weiss Post Achievement Award
- Police Athletic League Achievement Award
- American Heart Association Achievement Award
- Philadelphia Magazine “People to Watch”