Joseph F. Bouvier
215-629-1600(T), 215-923-2227(F) Swedesboro, NJ
Mr. Bouvier’s practice is concentrated in general litigation, with a focus on personal injury and workers’ compensation claims, and employment and labor matters, such as Title VII discrimination and wrongful termination claims, and civil rights actions. He has broad experience in handling cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies. He has successfully resolved many cases through the use of various forms of alternative dispute resolution in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Joe has represented clients in noteworthy matters such as:
- the compensability of workplace injuries due to sexual harassment under state workers’ compensation laws
- same-gender sexual harassment claims brought under the Civil Rights Act
- a wrongful termination claim brought by an engineer at a nuclear power facility who was fired for listening to a Philadelphia Phillies’ playoff game while at work.
Joe has provided guidance to employers and employees in negotiating severance/separation agreements, and counseling with regard to administering terminations and layoffs, and other employment related issues. He was approved by a Federal Court Judge to serve as Class Counsel for a group of employees who sought severance benefits in a class action lawsuit when the employer closed its facility.
Joe is a Board Member of the Greater Swedesboro Business Association and has served as Chairman of the GSBA’s annual golf tournament fundraiser for the last eleven years. He also serves as a Board Member for the Merchantville (NJ) Little League program.
Joe is peer reviewed, AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected as a Super Lawyer in 2014 as well as being named Best Attorney in Business in the area of Workers’ Compensation Law by South Jersey Biz Magazine.
- Employment and Civil Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Workers' Compensation
- Washington College of Law, American University, 1988, J.D. (Magna Cum Laude)
- University of Pennsylvania, 1985, B.A.
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1988
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association