215-629-1600(T), 215-923-2227(F) Swedesboro, NJ
Jennifer primarily focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning and estate administration. Her estate planning work involves counseling clients through the planning process regarding the management of their assets after their passing so their intentions are carried out and their loved ones are cared for once they have passed. This process often involves the drafting of various key documents such as a last will and testament, powers of attorney, advance directives and trusts. In her estate administration work, Jennifer assists and guides the executors of estates to successfully complete the probate process so estates may be properly assessed, taxed and distributed. Jennifer is also frequently involved in estate litigation, including will contests and guardianship proceedings, and appears frequently before the Orphans’ Court of Philadelphia and the surrounding counties.
In addition, Jennifer handles commercial litigation and other business matters, including shareholder disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, foreclosure and creditors’ rights for banks and lenders, and related collection matters. She also works with other attorneys in the Firm to counsel clients regarding business law issues to reduce liability and exposure for these clients.
The following is a small sampling of matters that Jennifer has successfully handled for clients:
- Assisted beneficiary of estate in recovering his share of estate from his brother who attempted to abscond with all estate assets, contrary to the intent of their mother
- Assisted intestate heir in obtaining share of estate where administrator improperly attempted to disinherit him from the estate
- Assisted intestate heir in obtaining reimbursement for personal funds expended in improving estate’s property
- Successfully defended the Executor of an Estate against a challenge to a gift made of decedent’s real estate to Executor prior to decedent’s passing
- Successfully defended restaurateur in claim by equipment supplier for unpaid invoices
- Part of the legal team that successfully challenged the improper award of a large construction contract to a rival of a client
During law school, Jennifer worked as a law clerk for the Firm from 2008 – 2010, and served as Articles Editor for Widener Law Review. Her student note, The Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act and its Commerce Clause Implications, was the 2009 winner of Widener Law Review’s Most Outstanding Paper of Publishable Quality.
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
- Corporate, Business and Finance
- Widener University School of Law, 2010, J.D. (summa cum laude)
- La Salle University, 2007, B.A. (maxima cum laude)
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2014
- Justinian Society, Board Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association